The back is a complex structure comprised of nerves, muscles, tendons, and bones. The slightest misalignment in this structure can lead to back pain. Chiropractic care provides patients with natural and non-invasive ways to deal with back pain. Our team at Delmarva Chiropractic in Salisbury understands the importance of effective back pain treatment early on for a faster recovery. Our chiropractors can help alleviate your back pain without you needing to rely on medications or invasive procedures for relief.
Causes of Back Pain
There are many reasons why someone may be suffering from back pain. However, common causes of back pain we see at our Salisbury clinic include:
- Injury: Sports accidents, auto accidents, falls, slips, and work-related injuries may cause injuries on the back’s nerves, ligaments, muscles, and bones, causing pain.
- Strains and sprains: Lifting weights, bending, and twisting may cause strains in the muscles and joints of your back, causing pain and limited mobility.
- Osteoarthritis: When the cartilage cushioning your vertebrae weakens, your bones may rub against each other, leading to pain and stiffness.
- Herniated/ruptured disks: Discs cushion bones in your spinal column. When these discs bulge or rupture, your spinal structures may compress a nerve, causing tingling, numbness, and pain.
- Osteoporosis: If your bones become porous and fragile, they may break, causing pain.
Sometimes, back pain can be caused by an injury that heals within a few days or weeks. However, back pain can be chronic for some people, negatively impacting their quality of life for months or even years. Whatever back pain you are experiencing, our chiropractors will be able to diagnose the root cause and provide a treatment plan that works for you.
Risk Factors for Back Pain
Anyone is at risk of back pain, regardless of your age. However, certain factors can increase the occurrence of back pain. These include:
- Age — the older you are, the higher the risk of back pain
- Occupation — if your job involves heavy lifting or sitting for an extended period, you are at risk of back pain
- Weight — unhealthy weight increases the chance of back pain
- Inactivity — lack of exercise weakens your muscles, putting you at risk of back pain
- Smoking — this habit limits flow of blood in the spinal region
Whether your back pain is acute or chronic, performing even basic activities can be a nightmare. Luckily, seeking treatment from a chiropractor provides quick relief using natural remedies.
How Our Chiropractors Can Help
Chiropractors use natural methods to treat back pain. For example, spinal manipulation aligns out-of-position spinal joints, reducing interference in the nervous system. Other chiropractic treatments for back pain include spinal decompression, laser therapy, and massage therapy.
Visit Our Chiropractors for Back Pain Treatment in Salisbury, MD
During your first consultation, our chiropractors will assess your medical history and current health to create a treatment plan that’s right for you. Don’t let your back pain control your life. Our team at Delmarva Chiropractic will work with you every step of the way throughout your recovery. Contact our clinic today to schedule your first appointment or to learn more about how our chiropractic services can benefit you.